Tuesday 26 March 2013

The 20/20 Experience



When I heard Justin Timberlake was back, my heart skipped a beat. Could it be, after all these years, he'd finally returned to make the music that my ears had been missing for so long?

I can forgive him for marrying Jessica Biel, it just wasn't going to work out between us, he's in the States, I'm in the UK, you know how the story goes. But armed with my ticket for Wireless 2013 of which JT is headlining (the Friday for those of you who haven't got your ticket), I couldn't help but feel a bit disappointed in what JT has brought to his fans in The 20/20 Experience.

After years of anticipation, teasing the fans with appearances in several films, I have to admit his new album lacked the soul and real R'n'B feel that I was so hoping for.

Now don't let me misguide you, there are some tracks which I would quite happily listen to on repeat, but after streaming the whole album on iTunes before it went on sale, the general vibe is a little underwhelming.

My favourite tracks from the album would have to be 'Don't Hold the Wall', 'Strawberry Bubblegum' and 'Spaceship Coupe.' The album lacks the return to the days of 'Cry Me A River' from Timberlake's album Justified, and just seems to be much like the generic hip hop songs out at the moment.

My love for JT still remains 'Until the End of Time', despite my disappointment in his album, but if you were to listen to any tracks from The 20/20 Experience, I would highly recommend the three above.

I only hope that come the day of the Wireless festival he indulges the 'Señorita' or indeed señor within us all with a little 'like I love you' and other musical delights.



By Farah Chowdhury  (@seefaraway)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Express your opinion!